We want you to know that we are continuing to provide the best cardiac and vascular care to our patients during this time. All offices remain open to address all of your needs. However, in order to reduce the risk to our patients and staff, we ask that patients who meet the following criteria reschedule any non-urgent appointments:
- If you or someone you have been in contact with have symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath)
- If you have recently traveled to high-risk areas or have had close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19 while infectious in the 14 days before the scheduled appointment.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s website: www.cdc.gov
Thank you for trusting us in your care.
Helpful Information about COVID-19:
How can I limit my risk of contracting COVID-19?
The term “social distancing” has been termed to help reduce the risk of contracting this novel coronavirus. Limit the amount of people you come in contact with. Spend time with your family and loved ones. Avoid large crowds.
I was tested for COVID-19. What should I do while waiting for the results?
The turnaround time for your results is expected to be 3 days. Please follow the steps below until your doctor contacts you with the results of the COVID-19 coronavirus test:
- Stay home. You should not leave your home except for emergency medical care. Do not go to work, school, or other public places. Do not use public transportation or taxis/ride shares.
- Separate yourself from other people in your home. You should stay in a different room from others in your home to protect your family. Try to use a separate bathroom, if available.
- Wear a face mask. Wear a face mask when you are in the same room with other people and when you visit a medical provider.
- Avoid sharing household items. Do not share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, bedding or other household items with other people in your home.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available and if your hands are not visibly dirty. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or you can cough or sneeze into your sleeve. Throw used tissues in a lined trash can, and immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Monitor your symptoms. Symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to lower respiratory symptoms like cough, congestion and shortness of breath. Symptomatic treatment is recommended. Tylenol and fluids, rest and a healthy diet. If you experience moderate to severe shortness of breath, contact doctor immediately. If you are directed to a health care facility, call the facility beforehand and let them know of your impending arrival and of your current status as a possible COVID-19 patient.
- What if my test is positive? Most patients who test positive for COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate respiratory symptoms and recover with supportive care. If your test is positive, you will be home quarantined for at least 14 days. This timeframe may change based on the current CDC guidelines.